Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Appleseed Cast

Blogging about American Analog Set made me think about The Appleseed Cast and just how mind-blowingly awesome they are. Mare Vitalis remains one of my favourite albums of all time and Low Level Owl volumes I and II are rich with beautiful tunes.

First up here's 'Fishing the Sky', something of a bravura track from their album Mare Vitalis. But there's a reason for that, it's popular because it's fucking awesome.



'Steps and Numbers', from Low Level Owl Vol. I is ridiculously good. The finale from 4:00 is just WOW:



Finally - Storms is one of my favourite songs of all time. It's a sprawling 7.39 epic. Perfect travelling tune. I've listened to it on buses watching unknown landscapes and people go by, from Cambodia to Guatemala to Palestine, and it's always made me feel just complete. I also used to put this tune on as I went to sleep for about 2 years. Literally. Obsessive.



All their stuff can be bought from Graveface and they've got a new album coming out this year.

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment